Quantcast

Can anyone tell me how to compile on windows (using visual studio for .exe file)?

Can anyone tell me how to compile on windows (using visual studio for .exe file)?

jonghwan Choi
Hi all

I could not find the answer on the mailing list.
I am sorry to bother you.

To make a windows binary files, I followed the steps below.

1. git clone smartmontools source
2. open the *.sln file in os_win32 via visual studio
3. run build
4. config.h : No such file or directory file.

How do I create binary files for windows in windows environment?

Thanks

Best Regards!

Re: Can anyone tell me how to compile on windows (using visual studio for .exe file)?

Christian Franke
jonghwan Choi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I could not find the answer on the mailing list.
> I am sorry to bother you.
>
> To make a windows binary files, I followed the steps below.
>
> 1. git clone smartmontools source

All possible git mirrors are independent projects and may be outdated.

Checkout from smartmontools SVN or download latest source tarball from
builds.smartmontools.org.
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Download#InstalllatestunreleasedcodefromSVNrepository

> 2. open the *.sln file in os_win32 via visual studio
> 3. run build
> 4. config.h : No such file or directory file.

This requires a run of "make config-vc14" first in a POSIX environment.

See [10] in INSTALL file (somewhat outdated, as it still assumes VC10).

> How do I create binary files for windows in windows environment?

Smartmontools is open source, therefore the recommended way to build
uses open source tools :-)

For 64-bit version, run this on Windows+Cygwin, Debian, Ubuntu, etc with
MinGW-w64 packages installed:

$ ./configure --build=$(./config.guess) \
               --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 \

$ make

All releases and daily builds for Windows are cross-compiled under Linux.

Thanks,
Christian