I'd like to hear some advice on new features.

I'd like to hear some advice on new features.

jonghwan Choi
Hi all.

I would like to add the new features. (https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/832)
There are already  the ability to turn specific device features on and off.
But it only supports some functions. To add more functionality, we have  to add code for each function.
To solve this problem, I added code to turn on / off specific functions by specifying features  value and sector count value.
I also know that using it wrong can be a problem.
However, this problem is solved by forbidding some fatal commands.
It is useful for fw developers like me.

I send e-mail because I want to hear other people's opinions according to Christian Franke's advice.

thanks.

Best Regards.!