Quantcast

Re: [Smartmontools-database] Unrecognised USB Bridge Device

Re: [Smartmontools-database] Unrecognised USB Bridge Device

Christian Franke
Colin Payne wrote:

> I am using a USB to mSATA SSD board “Pi-102” manufactured by Lycom (http://www.lycom.com.tw/Pi-102.htm)
>
> The Pi-102's USB bridge chip is upd720231A manufactured by Renesas (https://www.renesas.com/en-eu/products/usb-assp/upd720231a.html)
>
> I’m running Smartmontools on a Raspberry Pi 3, and when I run:
>
> $ sudo smartctl --all /dev/sda -s on
>
> …I expected to see a detailed report of the drive data, but instead I got:
>
> /dev/sda: Unknown USB bridge [0x045b:0x0229 (0x000)]
> Please specify device type with the -d option.

Try '-d sat' option and report the result to smartmontools-database
mailing list.

If SAT works, we could later add this USB ID to drivedb.h. Then this
option will be no longer needed for this bridge. Note that you could
also add a local drive database entry. See section about '-B' option on
smartctl man page.

Thanks,
Christian

Re: [Smartmontools-database] Unrecognised USB Bridge Device

Colin Payne
Hi Christian,

Thank you for the suggestion, using ‘-d sat’ worked. I’ll do as you suggest and report the result to smartmoxntools-database mailing list.

Kind regards,

Colin