SAS proactive / preventitive disk replacement

SAS proactive / preventitive disk replacement

Michael Woon
Hi Smartmontools devs,

Myself (once so far) and a few other users have asked this question in the past and I still have some hope that someone out here will be able to give answers to this that Google searches have so far not yielded:

- What value(s) in the SCSI sense buffer / sense code log page / extended SMART output for SAS drives do I watch if I want to replace disks preventively rather than after failure?

- (If smartctl isn't the tool for the job, or not the only one) What is the industry standard for monitoring SAS drive health?

Thanks,
Michael