Weekly test

Jorge Bastos

Hi guys,

How can I tell smartd, to perform a test and report errors, bad blocks etc, weekly?

Thanks.

Jorge,

Re: Weekly test

Gabriele Pohl
Hi Jorge,

"Jorge Bastos" wrote:
> Hi guys,

although you didn't address me as female subscriber
of this list, I will answer ;)

> How can I tell smartd, to perform a test and report errors, bad
> blocks etc, weekly?

Have a look at the CONFIGURATION FILE DIRECTIVES
of smartd.conf
http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/man/smartd.8.html#lbAJ
-------------
-s REGEXP
    Run Self-Tests or Offline Immediate Tests, at scheduled times.

eg:
To schedule a long Self-Test between 4-5am every Sunday morning, use:
 -s L/../../7/04
-------------

HTH,
Gabriele
Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms

Re: Weekly test

Jorge Bastos
Hello Gabriele :P
Well didn't knew was a female here... I know list's where exists, sorry :P

Well, going to look at that info!

Thanks,
Jorge,