Quantcast

Wiki Links Page

Matthew Butch-2
On here:

https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Links

can SMART Utility (OS X, Commercial) be added?

https://www.volitans-software.com/apps/smart-utility/

Thanks!

Re: Wiki Links Page

Gabriele Pohl-3
On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 18:45:27 -0400
Matt Butch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On here:
>
> https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Links
>
> can SMART Utility (OS X, Commercial) be added?
>
> https://www.volitans-software.com/apps/smart-utility/

done.

> Thanks!

In reward we would like to see the reference to
smartmontools and its GPL License in your
next release of "SMART Utility".

All we found at the time is this note in your FAQ online:
https://www.volitans-software.com/support/smart-utility-faq/#smartmontools

which may be sufficient from a legal point of view
but does not esteem the work done voluntary
from high qualified software engineers in their free time
to bring smartmontools to the world and your enterprise..

I hope you see the point and do better in the next release.

All the best,

Gabriele

Re: Wiki Links Page

Matthew Butch-2
(Sorry this got lost in the wrong mailbox, and I only just found it now)

On Aug 9, 2016, at 13:28 , Gabriele Pohl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Apologies! I added a note on the main page: https://www.volitans-software.com/apps/smart-utility Note that since the beginning of SMART Utility, there has been this note in the README in the download:

"SMART Utility is based on the command line "smartmontools", an open source software package that does the actual scanning of SMART attributes. SMART Utility only parses the data that smartmontools outputs, and it would not exist without it. It is available at http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/ . It is also available from the author up to three years from the date of this document.”

(I’ve updated the URL now as well)

All the best,

Gabriele

--

Matthew Butch
President

Sent with Mac OS X Sierra Mail 10.2 (3251)